Friday, May 22, 2009

Throw away your roller brushes!

This morning while I was downstairs making the kids lunches for school, unknown to me, Brynn had asked Nick to fix her hair. She got him some hiarspray, and instead of a comb or a normal brush she got out the rolling brush. I’m not sure if that’s the real name of them, but they’re those small circular brushes with all the bristles around them. (something I should have known a 10 year old boy could cause damage with) Nick sprayed her hair with a ton of hairspray and wound the brush up in her hair. Not knowing that if you wind hair up in that kind of a brush it’s pretty much impossible to ever get out! When he realized what he had done, he got out the detangler and tried to spray it loose. Danny was just getting ready to leave and walked upstairs to find Brynn crying with the brush totally raveled up in her hair. Thank goodness he was home! I was freaking out thinking that I was going to have to cut her hair. We tried unwinding it, pulling it, nothing worked. I even looked online to see if I could find any ideas. Nothing. That’s when MacGyver stepped in. (I have always called Danny, MacGyver, cause he can fix ANYTHING!) He got some pliers from the garage and told me to pull each bristle out. After about a half hour they were all removed, along with quite a bit of hair. But thank goodness I didn’t have to cut it! Check out the pictures.

Brynn with hair brush       (We broke the handle off trying to pull her hair out, oops)brush and hair

IMG_2140