Friday, December 12, 2008

Favorite Recipes

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love baking. I especially love baking cookies. A bit too much maybe. Or it could be that it's not about the baking at all, it's about the eating! That's more likely. Anyway, I thought I would start posting some of my favorite recipes on my blog for those of you that may share the same love for sugar as I. So, my first recipe is a holiday one, it's..........

Glazed Pumpkin Cookies











1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
1 egg
1 c. pumpkin
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
2 c. flour (maybe a little more)

Combine and drop. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Cool then glaze.

Glaze
Boil for 2 minutes.
1 c. brown sugar
3 T. butter or margerine
4 T. milk

Cool slightly and add:
1-2 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
Glaze cookies while they are still warm.

No comments: