Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School!

 

Yesterday was the kids first day back to school. The past few weeks I’ve been excited for them to get back to having a schedule again. I like routine. School, homework, chores, sports. During the summer all those things fly out the window and it’s just plain chaos.

For several years now I’ve been fantasizing about this day, when all my kids would be in school full time. I thought about how great it would be to have the whole day to myself. To be able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to do it. It’s funny how life works though. For nearly the past 15 years I have built my whole life around my kids and now they are all in school, growing up way too fast and I’m still here trying to figure out where all the time went. Not only that, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I miss them. It’s really not fair. They spend so much time driving me absolutely crazy but when the time comes for them to go off to school, I wish they were here! What’s that about??

Needless to say I spent most of the day crying. I really didn’t expect this. I think it’s going to take some time to get used to. Hopefully not that much time. I have learned a huge lesson though. All of those smart people out there who tell you to cherish all the time you have with your kids when they’re little. They weren’t kidding!

Skyler 1st day of high school   

Skyler’s first day of High School

Nick 1st day in 6th grade

Nick’s first day of Middle School

Sam 1st day in 3rd grade

Sam’s first day in 3rd grade

Brynn 1st day in 1st grade

Brynn’s first day in first grade

No comments: